8.26.2011

Missin' You

Don't know why, but this week I've been really missing Little Girl during the work week. I think it's because she's probably going to learn to walk anyday now, and it breaks my heart that I might miss it. Although, I have the BEST BABYSITTER IN THE WORLD (I'll never stop shouting that from the rooftops) and she would probably text me a pic as soon as it happened if I wanted her too.

I just love watching her learn and grow. Every minute I'm away from her, she's on my mind. I read something the other day that brought tears to my eyes with the realization that she's growing up. It was from a weekly email I get from http://www.babycenter.com/. When she turned one the "Your Baby this week...." changed to "Your Toddler this week...", which of course, made me a little sad. But this week it said this:


"The "face-naming" game. Point to your eyes, nose, etc., and name them, and he'll soon get the hang of it. Ask him where your mouth is and soon enough he'll put his fingers right in it. Psychologists think this may be a precursor to the separation process (when your toddler figures out that you and he are separate people) that begins during the second year."


It's amazing. She's starting to do this too. When I'm holding her I've noticed her staring at my face more and then really concentrating on pointing at my eyes and nose and every imperfection. It's so sweet. It also means she's getting less and less baby and more and more toddler.




No comments: